Valentine’s Day is literally around the corner and these brownies make the perfect treat for this special occasion. Inspired by my love of florals, I’ve integrated the use of pink rose petals into my recipe. Pink Rose petals provide an array of health benefits, they boost the immune system, improve digestion, relieve stress and anxiety, and have powerful antioxidants for hair, skin, and nails. When using florals for baking or cooking, you’ll want to make absolutely sure that they are unsprayed, and come from a trusted source. I am happy to share this vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free Brownie recipe with you. I hope you all love these brownies!
1/2 cup full fat organic coconut milk infused with 2 tbsp of pink rose petals
1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
1/4 cup organic non GMO coconut oil (I use nutiva)
1/4 cup organic almond butter
2 X 398 ml canned organic BPA free chickpeas
2 tsp organic alcohol-free vanilla
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
4 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/4 cup gluten-free flour (oat and almond work the best for the perfect fudgy brownie consistency)
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup or more sugar-free vegan chocolate chips (I use Lily’s baking chocolate chips)
1/4 -1/2 cup organic walnuts chopped
3 tbsp Pink Rose Petals for infusing coconut milk & sprinkling on top of brownies
Place 2 tbsp of pink rose petals in a small bowl and pour 1/2 cup of coconut milk over them and allow to infuse overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. * IF YOU’RE PRESSED FOR TIME, YOU CAN HEAT THE COCONUT MILK AND PINK ROSE PETALS UNTIL MIXTURE IS HOT BUT NOT BOILING. ALLOW THE PINK ROSES AND MILK TO STEEP FOR 1 HOUR. STRAIN THE PINK ROSES FROM THE MILK AND SET ASIDE.*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper
3. In the jar of a high-speed blender or food processor add in all the wet ingredients in the order I have listed above. Blend until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl add in all of the dry ingredients, except the walnuts and chocolate chips. Whisk to combine.
4. Combine the wet ingredients to the dry. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
5. Pour mixture into the lined baking dish, sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips on top, bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Be careful not to over bake the brownies, otherwise, they won’t have a fudgy consistency.
Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature then pop them in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to cool and set completely. Sprinkle pink rose petals on top before serving.