It’s here! The most delicious, naturally sweetened, moist, fluffy, drool-worthy banana bread. The added crumble layer gives the bread a more sophisticated feel and adds a touch more sweetness.
You can store the bread in the fridge for four days, or you can freeze it for up to a month. However, it usually disappears within days of being made.
2 cups oat flour
3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend – I use my own blend
1/4 cup teff flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
*homemade flour blend- 2 cups chickpea flour, 1 cup amaranth flour, 1 cup buckwheat flour and 1 cup tapioca starch*
*If you cant find Teff flour, you can substitute it with almond flour or any gluten-free flour*
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup yacon syrup or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3 ripe bananas
2 tbsp almond butter or any nut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract – non-alcoholic
2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp group flax plus 6 tbsp water) or 2 eggs
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice plus the zest
1 tbsp of LOVE
Nut & Chocolate Crumble
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Pulse until nuts and chocolate are to your desired crunchiness
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your baking pan with parchment paper. I use an 8X8 square cake pan. You could also use a 9×5 loaf pan. You may have leftover batter that you can bake as muffins.
- Prepare your flax egg if making vegan option.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In the jar of a high-speed blender or food processor, add all the wet ingredients. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, add half of the nut and chocolate crumble to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into your baking pan and sprinkle with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45 -50 minutes.
Allow to cool and enjoy.